One of my favorite things about visiting Pittsburgh these days (behind seeing family and friends) is getting to drink fresh delicious local beer from East End Brewing.
Last weekend while killing time waiting to check into my hotel at Bakery Square, it dawned on me that I was less than a mile from East End's brewery. It also dawned on me that I had two East End growlers in my trunk from a few weeks ago to see the Buccos play the Mets.
Thanks to my friend Tom, I had been able to visit East End's growler station in the Strip District, but this was my first chance to actually check out the brewery. And it was everything everyone said it was, hard to find, an old red brick building, a small growler station. And it's bursting with a great community vibe. That's one of the coolest things about Pittsburgh these days, people are really supporting local business efforts and the diversity of the ideas there make it a really fun place to visit.
I ordered the 60 Schilling, which was a really smooth scotch ale, and it ended up saving the day as a pre-wedding drink for the Groom and readers. Well done East End, well done...

60 Schilling:
Nik recovering an East End Growler he stashed in the bushes before watching the Pirates beat the Mets. It was a glorious victory...
No comments:
Post a Comment