I've written beer recommendations for Civil War generals on this blog before, but I would've never imagined that a Civil War themed Cider House would exist, let alone in Pittsburgh. But there it was, Arsenal Cider House and Wine Cellar, open and inviting on an unseasonably warm day.
Maybe it's because I'm a big fan of the Civil War and Hard Cider independently, but this idea seems brilliant. Or, maybe it's because they have the coolest tap handle I've ever seen.
Civil War revolver as tap handle:
I sampled three of their ciders and two of their wines and went home with a growler of the Honey Crisp. This cider was sweet like the bite of a cool apple on a hot day. The Fighting Elleck was my second choice for the growler, a dry and refreshing cider with a 8% kick. Overall, everything sampled was delicious and worth a growler.
In addition to the fantastic samples, the people working there were really friendly, informative and helpful. They even offered to take our photos with Civil War hats and guns. That I didn't take them up on that offer is my one regret of the trip.
Growler, complete with assigned Civil War name (Lt. Dan for my friend):
No comments:
Post a Comment