Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Otto's Pub and Brewery


2235 N Atherton St
State College, PA 16803






I learned about Otto's Pub and Brewery in State College, PA from an old high school friend last summer and passed the word along to my parents who are Penn State season ticket holders.  They stopped by one weekend early in the fall and the rest is history...    

I was able to make it up to two games this year and both times we went to Otto's for an early lunch and bottles to-go for tailgating.   The pub itself a fairly large building and pretty quiet considering the influx of people for the game.  I guess everyone is busy tailgating?  It's also filled with some of the coolest Pennsylvania beer peripheral I've seen anywhere outside of Stoudt's Brewing.  The food is solid and the beer is worth smuggling home (and at $3.25 a bottle it's hard to leave empty handed).  

Overall, if you are in State College and are in search for some great beer and food, you can't go wrong here.  I highly recommend the Slab Cab IPA or the Double D double IPA and a burger.   Couldn't ask for a better pregame meal.



Watching Penn State v. Wisconsin: 





No comments: