Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Food Matters

After nearly a year of trying, we finally made it to Food Matters, a new restaurant a little over a mile from our apartment that focuses on quality foods and the story behind them.

http://www.foodmattersva.com/

We shuffled in around noon in search of a quality, quasi-healthy/fresh brunch, and were not disappointed. My breakfast burrito was legit, and E's pancakes were massive. I didn't realize this upon ordering, but my burrito came with fries and thank the lord - they were fantastic.

They had a small beer menu, but I really like going with quality local options (Yards & Troegs). Being brunch, I decided to go with a Java flavored porter - Java Head - from Troegs. A great beer, but might have been a bit bitter for the burrito.

In the end, it was a great meal in a cozy atmosphere and we are looking forward to walking there again.





No comments: