I’m a big believer in Draft Magazine’s Top 100 Beer Bars in America. This list is the first thing I check when I’m traveling for work and looking for a good beer bar. So when I was in LA for work last week, I check the list and knew to head to Father’s Office in Santa Monica.
Nearly all of the 36 beers that they had on tap were California brewed, and at least 5 or 6 from breweries I’ve never heard of. I’m a big fan of AleSmith out of San Diego, so I started off with an Anvil ESB. Malty deliciousness. I also had the Strand 24th Street Pale Ale from Torrance, which was a real solid pale ale.
Father’s Office also claims to have the best burger in LA in their Office Burger. It's topped with caramelized onions, gruyere and maytag cheese, bacon compote and (my favorite) arugula. The chef allows no substitutions to anything on the menu, which in this case, is a very good thing.
A cozy little place with great beer, great food and extremely helpful staff, certainly worth a visit if in LA and in need of a world class beer spot.
Beer does indeed make you strong:
No comments:
Post a Comment