Couple weekends ago I bottled my first ever Maple wine, made from the Maple Syrup my family makes every winter. I found a recipe online and it was very similar to making mead (pretty much just swap honey with syrup). I used a mixture of half water half syrup, which I boiled for 20 minutes, a sweet mead Wyeast, and then fermented for about 6 months or so in a one gallon carboy. Almost too easy.
Now that it’s bottled, I’ll keep it aging for a few months before cracking open a bottle on my unsuspecting extended family when we gather for Thanksgiving. I stole a quick sip and yeah, it was eye-crossing strong. During the bottling I also saved a taste for my mom and dad and their opinion was that it had medicinal or cooking grade potential... so not exactly glowing, to each his own, right? I’m sure I’ll find some brave soul to enjoy it with.
No comments:
Post a Comment