Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Dieu Du Ciel

Dieu Du Ciel
29 Avenue Laurier Ouest
Montreal, QC

Earlier this spring I took a quick trip up to Montreal.  Having never been, I was excited to see the sites and eat and drink my way across the city.  

Dinner at Au Pied De Cochon was a blast and Garde Manger's lobster poutine and bacon wrapped fried oyster deviled eggs were unbelievable.  Watching the Habs play in Le Saint-Bock while drinking their maple bacon beer was incredible.  But of all the places I made it to, Dieu Du Ciel was by far my favorite.  The beer was so good I was there two nights in a row.

I was able to sample almost all of the sixteen house beers on tap at the time.  For me there were a couple standouts.  The hibiscus witbier and ice cider were excellent and refreshing.  The perfect reward after biking and hiking around the city on an unseasonably warm day.  The stout and rauchbier were some of the best I've ever had.  The imperial stout, the celebrated Peche Mortel, lived up to the hype and was one high-octane highlight as well.

Hands down, this was one of the top brewpubs I've ever visited and I'm looking forward to returning someday.  A must for any beer lover passing through Montreal.



















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cool. Heading to Montreal this weekend, so thanks for the suggestions.

I work with Barbone in Chicago.