A few days back, I made my second visit to the outstanding Brooklyn Brewery. A year had passed since I first made the journey to this beer Mecca and I had been eager to return ever since. Much like last year, I was in a great deal of pain upon arriving, mostly due to a late night out on the town in Manhattan. I was even anticipating the pain this year, but it made no difference. Resistance is futile. We stumbled in Sunday afternoon and nursed ourselves back to health with one of the finest beers of our age, Brooklyn's Black Chocolate Stout. It hit all the right spots (I even took the "tour" this time) and prepared me for what would be an epic adventure across Williamsburg and back.
I would visit two of the greatest bars on earth later that day, Barcade and Spuyten Duyvil. Both known globally for their awesomeness in selecting beers (Barcade's cask of Cigar City's IPA was a definite highlight). If I could pay rent and move into the Spuyten, I would - I could live off their pickled vegetables alone. The Barcade kept my iPhone for an extra few hours, but in the end all was saved thanks to my companions at arms, Jim and Allison. The details are hazy.
Amazing things can happen with wooden tokens:
No comments:
Post a Comment