Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Port City Brewing

It's official, this is a golden age of brewing. How do I know this? Earlier in the month of February, a brewery opened approximately a mile from where I live. A mile... Fantastic news and certainly a sign from Bacchus.

The brewery? Port City in Alexandria, Virginia. I'd been anticipating it's arrival for several months since reading an interview last summer with the owner Bill Butcher, a former wine industry expert. So to finally set foot in their facility and try the beer was a thrill (this is really happening!).

They currently brew 4 different beers and have plans to roll out seasonals beginning later this year. To date, I have tried their Wit beer, their Porter, and the Pale Ale. All of which are excellent. Personally, I loved the stronger and aromatic porter and the crisp and refreshing pale ale.

It's great to see their beers showing up at beer bars around the DC area and Port City is certainly a fantastic addition to the city of Alexandria. It's also a neat place to visit (growler refills are only $10).

At this point, I have to say I really am looking forward to drinking their fresh pale ale outside in warm spring weather.







No comments: