Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Bear Republic

Hello.  I'm back.  After a few months off from writing I've decided to try and get this thing up to date.  2011 was filled with amazing beer.  But it's now 2012 and the beer continues to flow.  So here goes...

Last July I spent a week in Northern California with my good friend James.  The beer out there is simply amazing.  There are over 200 breweries in California and many are clustered around San Fran.  Moylans, Lagunitas, Lost Coast, and Russian River are just the tip of the iceberg.   

After running the San Francisco Half Marathon (which was incredible) James and I drove north for a day of craft beer.  Our first stop, Bear Republic, maker of the ubiquitous Racer 5.    Hidden off the main street in Healdsberg, CA, Bear Republic's pub is a beer oasis in wine country.  

We arrived around 2pm on a Monday and the bar had it's fair share of patrons.  We went for the samplers and each had a fresh pint of their famous Hop Rod and Racer 5.  Glorious success.   Listed below are the 5 specialiteis they offered.  Several beers were new to me and all were great.  Apex I've seen on tap in DC and is one not to be missed when around.  

It's a great little bar and a worthy stop for any beer lover.  Highly recommend to anyone with some time to kill in Nor Cal. 

It's good to be back.   The beer must flow...



No comments: