Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Saraveza

Saraveza
1004 N Killingsworth Street
Portland, OR 97217

This joint is for sure one of the best bottle shops/beer bars I've ever been too.  Filled with old school beer decor and coolers of hundreds of craft beers in bottle, Saraveza is heaven for any beer lover visiting Portland.

We visited mid-day and luckily the bartender (an extremely friendly dude who knew his brews) suggested the Descender IPA from Good Life Brewing, a killer of a beer. A well balanced hops explosion, Descender is one of the best beers I had out west and one I'm already missing. Also tried and loved the house pickles and the pasties looked solid too. Only stayed for a couple beers, but next time I'm in Portland this will be the first place I visit.

So if you're looking for a relaxed spot with mad respect for beer and endless options then Saraveza is your place. Also, did I mention it's a Green Bay Packers bar? There are some lucky Packers fans in Oregon. Maybe someday I'll find a Steelers bar as cool as this, but I'm not holding my breath.





No comments: