Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Map Room

One of the cooler bars I've been to, the famed Map Room of Chicago certainly lived up to its reputation.

A self proclaimed "Travelers Tavern" the Map Room is a one of a kind beer spot and a must visit for any out-of-towner looking to take the full tour of the Chicago beer scene.

Travelers checks and the omnipresent Visa will do you no good though, I learned upon arrival the the Map Room is a cash only establishment.

My visit was highlighted by 2 extremely rare Three Floyds beers (possibly my favorite brewery) - The Krunk Monk, a Weizenbock with a wicked 9% Abv, and the Ham On Rye , a smoked lager @ 6% (loved both). These are new beers that aren't found in bottles or pretty much anywhere except for the brewery in Munster. So, yeah, that's how they roll at the Map Room...


Plotting my arrival:
Like the snowman, I'll be back again some day.

No comments: