Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Eataly's Birreria




http://eatalyny.com/eat/birreria


During my last trip to NYC, I was finally able to make it to Mario Batali’s famed Eataly.   The place is an all out sensory experience.  It’s like a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for Italian food and really fun to just walk around on the first floor and browse the offerings.  I didn’t bother with the half dozen or so restaurants on the street level, I knew what I wanted...

On the rooftop of the building is their Birreria, a huge all-seasons beer garden complete with house beers available on cask.   With my blood sausage and kale salad, I was able to sample each of their current casks:          

Barista: Robust Coffee Porter
Wanda: Chestnut Mild Ale
Gina: Thyme Pale Ale

All were excellent, but my favorite by far was the Barista.  Nothing like a smooth espresso flavored beer to cap a rich meal.   

In sum, it’s a great place and I’m excited to visit again in the summer. 






No comments: