Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Uinta

Earth, Wind and Beer...  

August found me once again in Salt Lake City for the Outdoor Retailer convention.  This time I had a full evening free and decided to venture further out of downtown to Unita.  So I hailed a rare SLC cab and set out to explore Unita’s offerings.  

As predicted, their brews were excellent.  I was one of three patrons in a fairly large tasting room.  No food was offered (I was there around 5:30pm) so I hammered down the free trail mix and went for a sampler.  Like all beers on tap in SLC, these were indeed the 4% version of their beers they offered.  No matter, it was 100 degrees and the beer crisp and delicious.  In fact, there are definite advantages to 4% beers on a hot day.   

The tasting room also offered single bottles to-go of their higher ABV beers as well.  This was clutch.  I picked up a couple bottles to sample during my stay and the bartender even gave me a wicked awesome bottle opener to use back at my hotel.  Very cool move - thank you once again to that bartender (I keep it in my bag at all times for emergencies). 

It’s tough to standout at retail now a days, but after visiting Unita and finding out how superb and consistent their beers are, I would not think twice of picking up a sixer or bomber with their label on it. 







No comments: