Home sweet home...
Downingtown, Pa, home of Victory brewing, happens to be on the way from DC to my parents house. 1 additional turn on 113 is all that's required and I'm at the door of my oldest craft brewing ally.
I've been visiting Victory now for 3 years and consider it my "homebase". Some of their food is fantastic, some of it just OK, but the beer never misses. Huge selection, 4 casks, unbelievably low growler prices, always something new to try.
This time around, I tried 3 new brews; their brown ale brewed with coffee "Village", their session "Strangeways" and a Pale Ale called "Purist" (cask version).
Village stole the show for me. Excellent beer, really light and smooth for such bold coffee aroma and taste.
Not a huge fan of Strangeways. Purist PA was good, but I'd go for the Hop Wallop over it.
Also of note, I had the "Pennsyltucky" shrimp... delicious but small. Caught off the Pennsyltucky shore I suppose?
No comments:
Post a Comment