Excellent draft and bottle selection, featuring 2 casks and focused on local Mid-Atlantic brews (amen to having Stoudts on draft). I ordered the double simcoe ipa from Flying Dog and loved every perfect sip of it. I also tasted the Kalamazoo Stout by Bells on cask and it was mind-blowingly good. I really hope they have that on cask again, because it alone is worth the visit.
In terms of food, we ordered the Fire Works pizza, figured you can't go wrong with the namesake. Also amazing. I am a big fan of fireroasted pizza, but sometimes they are a bit small. Not this bad boy. Perfect size for two people. Another really cool thing is that they list the local farms that they source ingredients from. This is a big trend and I love it. Knowing where your food comes from, that it's local and fresh and that it's supporting your community, might actually make it taste better.
The only thing left to do after a visit is figure out when you're going back.
No comments:
Post a Comment