Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Leinenkugel's Big Eddy

This one was a pleasant surprise. I found this bottle of Big Eddy Russian Imperial Stout at a gas station in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. I knew nothing about the beer, but I love Russian Imperials and knew Leinie's well from my days in Minnesota, so I figured it was worth a shot.

This beer was astonishingly delicious, one of the best Russian Stout's I've ever had. Made with 11 Malts & Grains, drinking it was like like drinking chocolate pudding, in terms of the mouthfeel. At 9.5%, this beer should have had a major kick, but the alcohol is beautifully covered by the craftsmanship of Leinenkugel. A great version of the style, I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a thick, smooth stout.
Also, for more info, here's a Press Release I found on Beernews.org about the Big Eddy Series:


1 comment:

Janelle said...

Nice pic of my dad through the beer glass!