Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Brawler

Yards brewing in Philadelphia has been a revelation of sorts to me. After drinking heavy hopped brews for the last few summers and as many experimentals as possible, I stumbled upon their ESA at my local beer store (I keep a pretty close eye on beer brands in my area and anything new typically calls for a pause). I loved the robust malt and british tasting yeast instantly and realized I was spending too much time with IPA and not enough time with more traditional British Ales. I quickly made my way through the Ales of the Revolution (Washington being by favorite) and have come back time after time to Brawler. I love this beer. It's dark color, malty-sweet aroma and thick mouthfeel are impressive for a 4% ale. With such a low ABV, this true session ale is built to be enjoyed in multiple. So Cheers! Grab one, two or three Brawlers and treat yourself to a british, but fully Philadelphian, delight!

No comments: