Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mad Fox Brewing

This past weekend I spent some time at a new Brewpub in Fairfax, VA named "Mad Fox Brewing". Not the easiest ride in the 100 degree heat, but well worth the sweat and tears (my car has no AC right now). Both the beer and food were top notch. The fact that the service was astoundingly slow can be forgiven as they only had a little over a week to get their system down. I tried the fried green tomatoes and German pretzel with mustard for an appetizer paired with a golden IPA. For my meal I had a bowl of the gazpacho, which was good, and the Mad Fox burger which was outstanding. I paired the burger with their Scottish Wee Heavy severed via cask. What a delicious brew, alcohol and sweetness of the malts were balanced perfectly and the cask made it extraordinarily drinkable for such a strong brew. For a Saturday at 1pm, it was a very busy place, mostly filled with local families and a few beer junkies. The decor of the place is pretty standard fair, but the cask taps were all I needed to see (I believe they had 3 cask hook-ups but were only serving 1). Also, the bar area is quiet sizable and should be a great place to gather this fall when football returns.

Brew Tanks

The bar

No comments: