Friday, July 23, 2010
Summit Brewing
Last week I was fortunate enough to escape the oppressive heat and humidity of the East coast for a few beautiful days in Minnesota and South Dakota. It's a beautiful place to be this time of the year and a great place to relax with family. When I journey back to MN I am reminded of the time I spent there in my early twenties. It was in Minneapolis that I first began exploring beer seriously. The local varieties seemed endless and grew on me almost instantly. I credit one brewery in particular with my expansion and love of local craft brewing, Summit Brewing in St. Paul. I can clearly remember buying Summit's EPA by the 12-pack and marveling at flavor. It's a pretty ubiquitous brew in the area and when I go back I realize how much I took it for granted. Since leaving MN, new brews have come to the market and several breweries have began pumping out fine local offerings. Despite all the change in the Market, Summit's EPA remains the clear backbone of the Twin Cities brew scene and holds a space place in my heart...or Stomach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment