I typically visit for lunch or dinner, but recently spent some time catching-up with an old friend at their Green Dragon Pub. I really enjoyed their house lager, made for them by Heavy Seas, and a glass of Stillwater's Stateside Saison. We had a blast hanging out at the bar and the later the night got the more it felt like a scene from Cheers, with familiar faces and names being called out from all corners.
As a big fan of the Lord of The Rings and Hobbit, I still find it absolutely awesome that there's a place near my home that pays homage to Tolkien and Middle Earth. From the images and maps from the recent movies, to old handmade art depicting Hobbits, you really get the sense that someone in charge is a serious fan. So next time you are in Old Town and looking for a cozy place off of King Street, Bilbo Baggins on Queen Street is certainly a good spot to get magical.
No comments:
Post a Comment