In addition to pub recaps and beer reviews, I've decided to add a new section to my blog: Historical Beer Recommendations.
While chatting with a friend the other day about the Civil War, I began to imagine what it would be like to have a beer with General Grant (crazy, I know). I thought, if I could offer him one beer, what would it be? With the ever-growing variety of beer available today, it's not a simple question to answer. Yes, if I really wanted to do more research I could probably find out what his tastes and preferences really were and, very likely, the exact things he drank. But that takes all the fun out of it. It's not meant to be serious, but rather a playful attempt at coming to a beer that I'd be proud to recommend.
I'm a fairly big fan of American History and once I got thinking about Grant, I began wondering what other historical figures would be fun. Teddy came next. Then Robert E. Lee. And the list in my head just continued to grow...
So who would you like to have a beer with from the past? And what would you recommend?
No comments:
Post a Comment