Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Top 5 Brewpubs

Believe it or not, I've been to a lot of brewpubs.  The other day I was asked by a friend if I ever ranked my top places.  I honestly hadn't but thought it'd be fun to give it a try.  I haven't been to several beer meccas across this great country (no Denver area or San Diego) so my list is somewhat limited.  

With that in mind, here are my five favorite brewpubs:    



Jackson Hole is gorgeous and this pub has been doing it right for a long time.  Nothing too fancy on the beer side, just great classic styles done right.  The outdoorsy vibe really sets this place a part.  


I consider this my "home" brewery.  It's a big space with top notch food and world class beer.  I have celebrated birthdays, half marathons and hockey games here and after countless visits I still can't get over how lucky I am to have family so close this this place. 


Old school Pacific Northwest pub on the edge of Bellingham with some of the best IPA's I've ever had.  Delicious and welcoming, how all brewpubs should be.      


You can't find a better beer tasting experience if you tried.  Really no explanation needed, right?  I'll never forget rolling into this place at happy hour for $3 Pliny the Elders...    


It was really tough choosing the top spot and a tie for number one seemed like a cop-out.  Ultimately I went with DDC over Russian River for a couple reasons.  

Location:  Santa Rossa is gorgeous, but still a small town.  DDC is nestled in a bustling neighborhood in Montreal.  

Vibe:  DDC is small, hip and built for beer geeks.  RR has a bit more of a family tourist feel to it.  



So there you have it.  As of 2013, these are my all-time favorite brewpubs.   


Other Pubs that I love: 
Stoudts, Mad Fox, Sly Fox, Blue Mountain, Devils Backbone, Full Sail, Deschutes, Revolution.


1 comment:

Darin Armstrong said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.