Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Dock Street Brewing

Last weekend Em and I drove up to Philly to have some fun with friends and family.

On the way in we decided to have lunch at one of the oldest (if not the oldest) microbreweries in PA, Dock Street Brewing.

Several of their beers are featured in Michael Jackon's book of 500 great beers.

Apparently, the brewpub was also regularly mentioned on the show "Thirty-something" back in the early 90s (?). They also had a magazine cover framed on their wall titled "Brewed in the USA", complete with Born in the USA jeans image, from 1986 that featured their beers. How's that for longevity?

The brews were tasty and the wood fire pizza was killer. Certainly worth driving through some crazy neighborhoods on our way downtown.

I really enjoyed the Rye IPA and Em loved their Wit beer.






This sausage Pizza was the best I've had in a long time. Old School stuff. We ate all but one slice...

No comments: