Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Paradise Found

Last night we decided on a whim to stroll up to Pizza Paradiso on P street. Known for their great pizza and interesting beers, I figured there would be something good to drink, but Wow did I underestimate last nights offering.

After ordering the Jolly Pumpkin on Draft, which was rare and delicious in it's own right, I noticed the special bottles board behind the bar. I've eat here probably a dozen times, but somehow never really paid much attention to the chalkboard behind the bar. Maybe it's because it's hard to see from where I typically sit in the dining room, maybe it's because I'm and idiot. Either way, I will not miss the board again.

Featured in the top left hand slot was Alesmith's IPA. A highly acclaimed beer from San Diego, that I'd never had and never even seen available on the east coast. Well, it surpassed my expectations. Bottle conditioned, insanely hoppy with enough malt to smooth it out and make it dangerously drinkable (7.7%). This beer alone makes me excited for SDBW in November.

While enjoying the Alesmith, I next noticed Three Floyds Robert The Bruce on the bottle list... Trouble. I had no other choice but to order desert and stall to fit in another beer order. What could I do? Three Floyds brews are about as rare as honest politicians in the District. Robert the Bruce is an excellent scotch ale and it surprisingly it was excellent with my taramisu...




No comments: