We struck gold on our very first stop on vacation, Ablemarle Ciderworks, just south of Charlottesville.
We arrived on the day they were holding their annual Apple Festival. It was simply heaven. Gorgeous day, great foods, live music and a hard cider tasting. We stayed for several hours, eating apple samples, kettle corn, local mead and sampling their four ciders. Simply put, this was my kind of place and my kind of event.
If you've seen my blog before, you probably realize that I love to dabble in homemade cider making. I am absolutely terrible at it, but I love it. At Ablemarle Ciderworks, I was able to sample, ask questions and discuss with the makers of the cider their process and ingredients. It was unendingly interesting and educational. After my visit, I noticed that they are offering a cider making workshop in April. Well, I have my calendar marked and will for sure make the trip down from DC for it.
If you are ever in the area, do yourself a favor and make the trip to their tasting room. If you see their cider at a wine shop nearby, pick it up and treat yourself to a Virginia original - you will not be disappointed.
No comments:
Post a Comment