After visiting Jack of the Wood for a pint, we rambled down the street to a beer bar that I had heard about from my friend Tom, The Thirsty Monk. I've been to a handful of bars that refer to Monks in their name. Makes you think that Monks are pretty heavy drinkers, huh?
Well this place seemed to be one of the premier beer bars in the area. It had an upstairs bar that had 15 or so domestic craft beers on tap and a really cool downstairs bar that seemed to focus on Belgian and imports. It was probably 8pm on a Wednesday when we were there and the upstairs bar was jumping. We found a seat at the bar pretty easily and familiarized ourselves with their offerings.
I drank local and had the Highland Mocha Stout. Great choice. Highland brewing is the oldest and largest brewery in Asheville and they got that way by making solid beer. I also had a Weyerbacher Harvest (have to show PA some love) my first wet hopped beer of the year.
Another cool little place in AVL.
No comments:
Post a Comment