The first of several breweries I recently visited in Asheville, Wedge Brewing Company is one of the coolest hangout spots I've ever been to. A bit outside of downtown in the River Arts District, Wedge is nestled on a hillside that faces old buildings and train tracks. It's alongside the French Broad river, but I'm pretty sure no matter where you sit it's out of view.
It really is a wonderful little place to visit. It seemed to epitomize the community and artistic feel that radiates from the city of Asheville. We sat on the porch eating peanuts and watching the sunset as little kids ran around the seating area and strangers debated the origins of Daylight savings time.
I drank an amazing pint of their Iron Rail IPA (pictured below) and sampled their Community Porter and Golem, both with excellent results.
A chill environment, friendly service, superb beer and conveniently close to 12 Bones, I'd recommend the Wedge to anyone visiting Asheville.
No comments:
Post a Comment